Wednesday, March 23, 2016

1960's: Malala Yousafzai



As a young girl, Malala Yousafzai defied the Taliban in Pakistan and demanded that girls be allowed to receive an education. She was shot in the head by a Taliban gunman in 2012, but survived.

Watch the Malala story and also her interview 


On another note,

Check out these videos on the many different women who have met their dreams. Watch one of your choosing and then tell us who she is and what she accomplished.

Comment on the blog: Which woman did you find most interesting and why?

9 comments:

  1. I cannot Comment because the videos are not working I click the link and it says "We're sorry! It seems like you've either entered an incorrect URL or we broke something. Either way, we know you'd rather be watching stories from our MAKERS, so check out the videos below, and we'll get you back on track."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it also says 'Page not found.' I guess just try to find the vids on a different site?

      Delete
    2. It is the same for me too. What's ironic is that lower on my screen is a video playing "MAKERS MOMENT Embracing Failure".

      Delete
    3. its not working for me either :P

      Delete
    4. the website didn't work for me either :(

      Delete
    5. Nope not working either.

      Delete
  2. my favorite is the hooking another sister up. it shows that women can do any thing.

    ReplyDelete